Prior to establishing own business in 1987, Peter Luxton was:
- Adviser and consultant for small business development, particularly cultural industries, for two years working on a number of urban based community business development projects . CAG Consultants, 1985-86.
- Consultant: London based Music Development project - Greater London Arts 1985-86.
- Project Co-ordinator of major National Cultural Building Development project in London for three years - working with a professional design team, board, staff team 1982-85.
- Administrator of a National Cultural Development organisation for five years at the end of the seventies involved in events, touring, festivals, education /training projects, recording, commissioning new work 1977 - 82.
- Involved in Town Planning for a number of years 1975-1976
Assistant Manager of a Cultural Retail business outlet in Newcastle upon Tyne 1973-1975